License To Carry (LTC) Course
In Houston TX
Range Fees Included
Security Tactics Academy offers a convenient way to complete the training requirements to receive a LTC/CHL from the Texas Department of Public Safety. We offer Saturday classes, and, upon request, day and evening classes during the week. Upon successful completion of the class and submission of the application materials, the state will issue you a license as soon as 30 days. Our LTC/CHL class package includes the following:
- Training by a DPS certified instructor
- Qualify on an approved range (indoor, safe, clean, and climate controlled)
- Application Preparation Assistance
- Handgun (if none available by student) for use during range qualification
- Safety glasses, and hearing protection for use during range qualification
- Concealed carry law
- Where you can carry and where you cannot
- When you can use force or deadly force
- Legal implications of use of force or deadly force
- Texas weapons laws
- Nonviolent dispute resolution
- Firearms safety
If you have further questions, please call at 832-834-4476 or email: email@example.com
Handgun gun, 50 rounds of ammunition
Effective January 1, 2016, the Concealed Handgun License (CHL) class will now be called License to Carry (LTC) due to the fact that Open Carry for Licensed individuals will become legal on this date.
Effective September 1, 2013, the Texas Concealed Handgun License Class is a Four to Six Hour Class, not including RANGE TIME. Our class will be approximately Five hours with range time.
Effective March 1st, 2011, the TX DPS requires that all Texas Concealed Handgun License Applicants obtain their fingerprints from L1.